Carpet cleaning is the trickiest housecleaning chore. It requires a lot of skills and knowledge to be done properly. And I just want to make it clear – vacuuming is only a small part of the whole carpet cleaning process, it is not enough to maintain a rug well.
Our Top 10 Best Carpet Cleaning Tips
Here is a list of the best carpet cleaning tips:
- Always vacuum your rugs before you start cleaning them with a detergent or solution. If you skip this step you will risk making a bigger mess.
- If you have a cat or a dog, brush your floorings with a damp brush at least two times a week to remove pet hair.
Clean your carpets
- with a solution of warm water, white vinegar, liquid castile soap, lavender essential oil and clary sage essential oil at least once a week. This solution will freshen up your flooring and will make it look better.
- When you spill something on your rug, clean the stain as soon as you can.Otherwise, it might become permanent.
- When you are removing carpet stains, always work from the outside-in of the affected area. If you don’t follow this tip, you will make a bigger mess spreading the discolouration wider.
- Use professional cleaning services for your carpets twice a year. Professional cleaners do a wonderful job. They not only remove the dirt from your floorings, but also brighten their colours and prolong their lives.
- Don’t ever treat cat urine stains with ammonia-based solutions. Cat urine also contains ammonia and it will attract your pet to use your rug as a toilet again.
- Don’t walk in your house with your shoes. Not only that you damage the fibres of your carpets with the hard soles, but you bring in a lot of sand and dirt, too. These things are quite harmful for your floorings.
- Take your carpet out at the sun once a month, if it is movable. The sun rays will kill dust mites and bacteria which you can’t reach with your vacuum cleaner.
- If you have to deodorise your rug, use baking soda for the purpose. Sprinkle it all over the flooring and let it stay for a night. The bicarb will absorb the bad odours and when you vacuum in the morning your carpet will be as fresh as new.
These carpet cleaning tips might sound a little strange, but they are the best. Try them and see for yourself.